Sunday, June 13, 2010

Afton Ine Knight Joins The Family






On February 24th 2010 Afton Ine Knight was born.
We didn't want to risk Jared not making it in time for Afton's birth so we scheduled an induction for that morning. It felt so odd walking into a hospital to have a baby without being in the panic of being in labor. It was also very different to know all of the people that would be helping us while we were there; I had worked with most of these people for the past two years! I was so excited and relieved when I found out that Tawnya Ray was going to be my nurse. Out of all of the wonderful nurses there I had wanted Tawnya, and I got her! I had Danielle Demeter there to deliver Afton and Jared to help me. Having the room full of people so close to us made the experience so much more special. This was such an amazing experience! The umbilical cord was tightly wrapped around Afton's neck and she struggled a little in the beginning but it was awesome to have people there who I completely trusted and who did all the right things to make sure everything turned out perfectly.
Afton was so adorable. At 6lbs. 15oz. she was so small. Her head fit into my tiny hand. She was just precious. I loved watching Jared fall in love with her. She is such a blessing to our family. What a great gift from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment